Next week, the European Parliament will hold its plenary meeting. Energy files are still high on the political agenda with the Fit for 55 files reaching their final stage. Additionally, MEPs will vote on the Data Act.
Below is a list of the key items on the agenda:
On Monday 13 and on Tuesday 14 March
· The adoption of the report on the Energy performance of buildings
· A joint debate on the outcome of the negotiations on Fit for 55 files including:
Binding annual greenhouse gas emission reductions by Member States (Effort Sharing Regulation)
Land use, land use change and forestry (LULUCF)
Revision of the Market Stability Reserve for the EU Emissions Trading System
· Debate and vote on the Data Act
On 8 March, the European Parliament published summaries of its position on all the above-mentioned files, in preparation of next week’s debates. You can consult the relevant documents here.
On Wednesday 15 March
· International Women’s Day Celebration and topical debates on women activism and inclusiveness
On Thursday 16 March
· Discussion on the European Citizens’ Initiative "Save bees and farmers! Towards a bee-friendly agriculture for a healthy environment"
You can access the full Plenary agenda here.